Wednesday, June 23, 2010

From St. Patrick's Day


Irish Soda Bread. I'd never had it before and was in the holiday spirit so I made this, haha. It sort of tasted like Raisin Bran. Actually, alot like Raisin Bran. I don't know if that's what it's supposed to taste like.. but I liked it. [:
I'll add the recipe below.


Leprechaun Cupcakes. Because the soda bread just wasn't festive enough. Haha. These are actually just my Crimson Cupcakes with green food coloring rather than red. And a little bit of green food coloring in the frosting. I know I know, so original. [:

Serves: 12
Irish Soda Bread:
1 1/2 cups white flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup seedless raisins
1 3/4 cups plain, non-sweetened soy milk plus 1 3/4 tablespoon white vinegar (mix to make soy buttermilk)
1/2 cup soft silken tofu, beaten up with a fork until it's smooth
2 tablespoons any neutral oil (I used vegetable)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt into large bowl, then stir in the raisins. Combine soy buttermilk, tofu, and oil in a smaller bowl. Add to dry ingredients and mix just until flour is moistened. Turn into a oiled 2-quart round casserole dish or 5 1/4 x 9 1/2-inch loaf pan. Bake for about 1 hour.
Let cool in pan for about 15 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack.

*You can also put the batter into muffin cups and bake for 50 minutes.*

**When eating, warm it up and spread margarine over it. Trust me, it's good. [: **

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me