Monday, July 26, 2010

Banana Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins



I made these last night after dinner. They're rich and moist and really easy to make: sososo good. I was hoping to have some left over for this morning but my family ate them all:[

Serves: 12
Muffins:
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup vegan margarine
1/2 cup light vanilla soy milk
1 tablespoon ground flax meal + 3 tablespoons water
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and oil muffin tins.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flax meal and water for about 2-3 minutes and set aside.
In a medium bowl, stir together the bananas, sugar, margarine, soymilk, and flax mixture. Add the flour, instant espresso powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Fill each cup about three-quarters full. Bake on the center rack for 25 minutes. Let cool in tins for about 15 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Enjoy[:

*Don't use ground espresso; they aren't the same! Instant espresso is available in most grocery stores and will work much better.*

**There isn't a strong coffee flavor to these muffins, so if you want more just add more powder to taste.**

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

With havin so much content do you ever run
into any problems of plagorism or copyright violation? My site has a lot of unique content I've either written myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my agreement. Do you know any ways to help prevent content from being stolen? I'd definitely appreciate it.
Here is my page ... games like runescape online

Post a Comment

Talk to me