Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"Simply Blueberry" Muffins



Our pantry pretty much has nothing in it but flour, sugar, and canned vegetables right now, so of course this would be the time that I'm craving sweets like crazy. Luckily you don't need much to make muffins. Haha. I love how simple these are! They're tasty, too, so win win[: I think next time I'll try 'em with cherries.

Serves: 10
Muffins:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup soy milk ( I use Silk Plain light)
1/4 cup oil
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)

Preheat oven to 400F.
Place baking cups in a muffin pan. Sift the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl. Stir in the soy milk and oil and mix until well combined.
Fold in the blueberries. Pour the batter into baking cups (3/4 of the way) and bake for 25-30 minutes.

Pure and simple. [:

**These would be good with really any kind of berry. Be creative, try all kinds of different fruits. [:**

1 comments:

Shaheen said...

Though I am a vegetarian, I do eat a lot of vegan main dishes, still have to tip my toes into vegan baking. So I am liking your blog,it just may motivate me to start some vegan baking.

Post a Comment

Talk to me