Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Coconut-Banana Bread



This changed my whole view on bananas. Haha seriously, I used to hate them, but after this it's like there's this whole new thing I've been missing out on. I've never made banana bread either, so on top of this being ridiculously amazing I was super excited because I'd never made anything like it before. [:

Banana Bread:
1 + 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 mashed bananas
Equivalent of 2 eggs ( I use Ener-G Egg Replacer)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
A large handful of shredded, sweetened coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour a loaf pan.
Mix together whatever egg replacer you are using, bananas, sugar and oil in a bowl and beat until well combined (this is easiest with an electric mixer but you can do it by hand if necessary). Sift together flour and baking soda and stir into wet mixture until blended. Fold in the shredded coconut.
Bake for 45 minutes.

**If you want to make just regular banana bread you don't have to add the coconut, it bakes the same without it[:**
**You could add walnuts or blueberries in place of the coconut, alot of things would be good with this[: just experiment**

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me