Monday, February 15, 2010

Tiramisu Cupcakes



Since I was left alone on Valentine's Day (AKA: Single Awareness Day), I buried myself in the kitchen baking up all sorts of concoctions at the expense of my parents. Thankfully this one turned out! haha. I was sort of shocked actually because these were extremely easy to make. It's the same vanilla recipe I posted earlier with a few add-ons[: AAAND.. I know I know, it's been forever since I last updated. I'm sorry. But to make up for it I just recently went grocery shopping so be prepared for a lot more posting[: Hoorayyyyy.
Anyway, on with the recipe.

Serves: 12
Ingredients:
Pillsbury Cream Cheese frosting (it's vegan!)
Vanilla cupcakes
1/3 cup strong coffee
1/3 cup Kahlua
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
12 chocolate covered coffee beans, chocolate chips, or regular coffee beans

Mix together the coffee and Kahlua. Using a spoon or a knife, carve out a small cone in the middle of the cupcake ( about 1 inch from the center, 1 inch deep). Scoop the cone out carefully trying your best to keep it as intact as possible. Pour about 2 tablespoons of the Kahlua mixture in the hole you made, making sure all of the sides are soaked. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the frosting into the cavity and smooth it over with the back of your spoon. Dollop a few tablespoons on top of the cupcake. Dip the bottom or the cut-out chunk into the Kahlua mix keeping the top part dry, and pat gently into place on top of the frosting [continue with the remaining cupcakes]. Dust the chocolate and cinnamon over the tops of the cupcakes. dollop a small amount of frosting on top and add the chocolate chip or espresso bean.

**Make some coffee to go with these[: **


My dad ended up being my date, he's just the cutest thing. [:
And he loved the cupcake

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me